Sunday, November 29, 2009

Rockland Bakery and Thanksgiving Recap

I am back after being away for a couple of days in NJ visiting family for the Thanksgiving Day holiday. We spend each Thanksgiving with my in-laws and even though it's usually only immediate family for dinner, it's always a full house. This year we had 22 at the dinner table.

My SIL usually divvies up dinner duties. Someone does the turkey, another person the sides, another the wine,another the appetizers and someone does the desserts. This year, she assigned me to picking up bread and desserts. I went to the Rockland bakery in Nanuet, NY (just 10 minutes from my SIL's house in northern NJ).

The Rockland bakery is a staple in this area and for good reason. Even before you get in the door, the aroma of fresh baked goods wafts through the air. It is always busy, but so worth it. What makes this place so special and unique is that you get your breads, rolls and bagels right off the conveyor belt in the back "baking room". I brought both my kids and they were allowed to eat dinner rolls for free while in the baking room...how great is that?! If you are in the area, this place is definitely worth stopping by.

Rows and rows of fresh breads!

Fresh hot bagels!

They also have amazing cakes and pastries.


Here are a couple of pictures from Thanksgiving.

My little Jersey girl.

My son loved visiting with his grandparents, aunts, uncles and many cousins.
Some of the sides...sweet potato, squash and green bean casserole.

No, I'm not drunk yet :)

With so many for dinner, we didn't fit in the dining room. We had to set up 3 large tables in the family room and kitchen.
Canolli cake from the Rockland bakery...so, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment