Today, I'm taking a little cooking break and posting this meme that Amanda from Not Your Mama's Martha ( don't you just love her blog name) tagged me with. I thought this might be a fun way to get to know me a little better.
So, I will answer Amanda's questions, then tag eight other bloggers with a new set of questions. Here we go.....
8 Questions For Me:
1. What do you blog about most?
Food of course! Looking over at my tabs, "kid friendly" dishes and desserts are my top posts...which pretty accurately sums up my life in the kitchen right now.
2. Three interesting things about you are?
*I'm a first generation American and speak portuguese fluently.
* I have an irrational fear of slow cookers. I bought my first one 6 months ago, have used it twice and am still not sure how I feel about it.
* When I was a child, I hated pizza. Today, it's one of my favorite things to make and eat!
3. When was your last vacation and where did you go?
Last trip we took was to the Jersey shore. We stayed at my SIL's beach house and visited with family. We saw Snookie and a shark all in one day (no kidding!). Our last "real vacation" was to Disney World in late February.
4. Digital/online calendar or pen & paper?
Pen & Paper and PROUD!! Honestly, I'm not a very tech savvy person...I don't tweet, I don't Tevo (is that still around?), I rarely text...I don't even know how to work our Wii...OK, maybe I shouldn't be so proud of that but I do love my paper calender.
5. What was your most recent purchase?
Philosophy's Pure Grace perfume. This was a complete impulse buy. I went to Ulta (a beauty supply store) to buy some Moroccan oil...(have you all tried this stuff? It's awesome!) and ended up with perfume instead. It's a soapy/beachy scent and smells so clean... I love it!
6. Drink of choice?
Starbucks Iced Vanilla Lattes...I'm totally addicted.
7. What do you do for a living?
I work for these two:
8. Best meal you've ever had?
Gosh...that's a really hard one. I think I've had too many amazing meals to just pin down one. For example, years ago when my husband and I were still dating we took a weekend trip to Cape May, NJ. We had dinner at a restaurant called the Washington Inn. At the time I think it was rated in the top 5 (best in the country) by Zagat and it did not disappoint. We had an AMAZING meal there.
OK, my turn I am tagging the following bloggers:
(OK, I'm cheating here by tagging more than 8...heehee)
2. Jen@ When'sLunch
11. I'm also tagging Vanessa, Andrea, Branny, Cher and everyone else on my followers list...just leave a comment below and we'll be able to check out your blog.
Here are your 8 questions:
1. What is your favorite thing to cook or bake?
2. If we were to look in your purse right now, what would we find?
3. What is your current guilty pleasure?
4. Best thing that happened this past summer? Best thing that will happen this Fall?
5. What is a life lesson you have recently learned?
6. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
7. What is a food you hated as a child but now love?
8. Jeggings...Yay or Nay?