Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sour Cream and Chive Mashed Poatoes


Are you tired of the same old boring mashed potatoes? If so, here is a quick and easy update that not only tastes great but looks pretty on your plate too.

I decided to make sour cream and chive mashed potatoes earlier this week and I'm glad I did! This creamy, velvety side dish was delicious and so easy to make.

(excuse the blurry picture)


The simple recipe just requires you to add sour cream, milk, a little butter and the chives to boiled, fork tender potatoes. If you have kids who love to help in the kitchen (I have two excellent and enthusiastic helpers) this is a great recipe for them. My son was so proud of making these with me and said that they tasted like they came from a restaurant...:)


Ingredients:


2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Place potatoes in a large pot with enough water to come up 2 inches from the bottom. Bring to a boil, and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, until fork tender. Drain, and mash. Mix in the milk using a potato masher or an electric mixer until fluffy. Stir in the sour cream, butter and chives, and season with salt and pepper.

Source: Adapted from All Recipes

3 comments:

  1. I love these potatoes as a side dish! Looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those sound good! I have fresh chives starting to come up in the garden, perfect place to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Pretend Chef- Thanks:)

    @Andrea- Yes, my chives have come in too and I used them for the potatoes. I love using ingredients that I grow myself!

    ReplyDelete