Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Hello? Remember me??....Sorry, I know it's been a while. My kids have both been out of school since last week and as you can imagine my days have gotten a bit busier because of that. Also, I've had 4 cake and cupcake orders within 4 days of each other, so it's been a little crazy. I hope to get back to regular blogging next week( my regular seems to be 3 posts/per week) but in the meantime I wanted to show you some of the things I have been making.


These cute monkey and lion cupcakes were for the same order. Vanilla cake with my new favorite vanilla buttercream and chocolate buttercream frosting.



This was for a surprise birthday party. The person ordering this cake requested the cat and pink ball of yarn, which was a family joke. They loved it!


Last but not least, my first doll cake! This Cinderella (covered in fondant) actually ended up being covered in just buttercream. Let me know if you would like to see a tutorial. I learned a lot making this cake and can't wait to make another one soon.



I also made a Hello Kitty candy shop cake but didn't get to photograph it :( Next time...

What have you all been cooking and baking up??

3 comments:

  1. What is your new favorite buttercream? I have been using Pioneer women a lot lately! Grilling and sides mostly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love PW. Thinking of trying to make her iced coffee this weekend.
    The frosting is one that I adapted from a cookbook that my brother's girlfriend gave me. I'll share that recipe soon.

    ReplyDelete