Thursday, July 7, 2011

Daisy Cookie Basket


You might have noticed that I've developed a thing for cookie baskets. I first made THIS one and shortly thereafter THIS other one. Yep, I love'em :)


I made these simple daisy baskets as a little Thank You gift for my son's kindergarten teachers. One had mentioned to me recently how he was always telling them about the things I was baking. I couldn't resist baking a little something for them also, especially since they were all such amazing teachers.


I had purchased the galvanized pails at Michael's back in the Spring but I didn't actually start on the cookies till 9:30 the night before I dropped them off---eeks! It worked out OK though. I made 4 of these cookie bouquets (teacher, assistant teacher, special ed. teacher and OT) and it took me about 2.5 hours total from start to finish.


Sugar Cookie Recipe (I cut down on the vanilla extract and added lemon extract and a tsp. of fresh lemon zest)

Royal Icing Recipe (also flavored with lemon extract)

Cookie Basket Instructions

Printable "Thank You" tags (curtesy of Skiptomylou.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment