Thursday, September 22, 2011

THANKFUL THURSDAY



What I am thankful for this week:

1. Brotherly/Sisterly Love:

I found this old picture the other day and think it's so sweet :) My kids really do love each other. Of course they fight like cats and dogs at times, usually b/c my daughter is being a sneaky-Pete and stealing one of his toys but at the end of the day they are bestfriends. I always wanted them to be close and am so thankful that they are....and hope that they will always be. Siblings are truly a life long gift.....I'm very lucky and thankful to have two wonderful brothers myself.


2. VIP, Baby!

I was so excited to be given two VIP passes to a local consignment sale by a friend who is one of the organizers. This consignment sale is awesome b/c it's HUGE! In the past, I have been able to score toys, books and other kid items for a fraction of their retail cost. This year, I'm hoping to find winter coats for the kids. The sale opens to the public at 7:30 AM on Saturday and in the past my friend "D" and I would make a morning of it. We would get in line early before the doors open (with a lot of other people), then formulate our game plan...once inside we would go our separate way and communicate via text when we spotted something the other needed....it was always crazy and fun! Afterwards, we'd go to the local bagel shop to chat about our great finds and catch up on life. Since D's daughter is having surgery next week and we haven't caught up in a while, the chance to go to the consignment sale together a day early is kind of a big deal for us. We joked how funny this is....we are treating these tickets like they are for the hottest concert of the year...Ha! How life has changed....welcome to motherhood! Love it!!


What are you thankful for this week?

2 comments:

  1. Thankful that my husband's tour with the marine band is STATESIDE and only 4 weeks (unlike 7 weeks in past years), and that this terrible cold happened now while he was still home, instead of when he's on said tour in a week and a half!

    And yes, and thankful for that sweet, sweet picture of A and A you posted in this blog entry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better....Let's do coffee soon.

    ReplyDelete