Monday, August 17, 2009

Chicken Tenders with Corn Flakes


With my husband away on business till Thursday night, today was a kid meal night. So, when I found these chicken tenders on Annie's site, I knew I had to try them. I usually make tenders with a mix of italian style bread crumbs and parmesan cheese but I'm glad I tried them with the Corn Flakes. They came out so tasty and look at that wonderful golden color!

Annie made a note that she would use egg whites next time instead of the butter to make it a little healthier, and I would too. These were great though and the kids ate them up...both kids.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup table salt
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
1/4 cup flour
7 tbsp. butter, melted
2 cups finely crushed Corn Flakes cereal

Directions:
Dissolve salt in 1 quart cold water. Add the chicken to the brine, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes Remove the cutlets from the brine and pat dry with paper towels.

Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 400° F. Place an oven-safe baking rack on a baking sheet. Place the flour and butter in separate bowls. Place the crushed cereal flakes in a shallow pie plate. Dip the chicken pieces in the flour, then the butter, then the crushed cereal, shaking off excess in between each step. Place the coated chicken strips on the prepared baking rack.

Bake 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with your choice of dipping sauces.

No comments:

Post a Comment