Sunday, September 27, 2009

Paula Deen Book Signing


Today I got to meet Paula Deen!! I found out a couple of weeks ago that she was going to be in my area doing a book signing for her new kids cookbook, Paula Deen's Cookbook for the Lunchbox Set. My son and I are both huge fans and we're so excited that we got the chance to meet her.

Paula was at a Wegman's grocery store here in northern VA and signed books for about 500 people in just 2 hours. They rushed everybody through b/c of the time constraint so there was no opportunity for posed pictures. However, my son did get to chat with her a bit (I think I just said "hi"). He told her that he loved her red velvet cupcakes (we had made them several weeks ago). She got such a kick out of this and turned to Michael (her husband) to tell him what my son had said. Paula then told my little guy that he should try her whoppie pie recipe.

It was great! Paula was just like she is on TV. Lots of fun and full of charm. It made our 4.5 hour trip at Wegman's totally worth it.


Me and my son. We were both so excited to meet Paula.


Meeting Paula

Paula listening to my son. He was telling her that he loves her red velvet cupcake recipe.

Paula telling him to try her whoppie pie recipe.

We ran into Michael after the signing.

He stopped to chat with my son.

They shook hands and did a high five.

No comments:

Post a Comment