Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies


When I first spotted these peanut butter cookies on Annie's Eats blog I knew I had to try them. They looked so delicious and I love, love PB!!

My son was excited to try these too and actually enlisted my husband to help him make them (while I supervised). My husband is not a cook by means. The most cooking he does is making instant oatmeal in the microwave. So, I knew this would be interesting and fun. It was cute to see them work together and they did a great job!

The only change we made to this recipe was sub 1/2 chunky PB instead of all creamy. I really liked having those little bits of peanut in this cookie. The cookies turned out to be pretty good. The only change I would make next time is to cut down the amount of honey to 1/2 or 3/4 cup. I thought the honey actually masked some of the peanut butter flavor. The cookies came out of the oven soft and chewy but what I liked most of all was that they were made by two of my favorite people.

Good Job Daddy!!

Don't they look good?


Cooking with daddy :)



Ingredients:

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1½ tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
¼ cup vegetable shortening
4 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup honey
2 large eggs
Sugar, for rolling the cookies

In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt; whisk together and set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the shortening, butter, peanut butter and honey. Mix in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture and beat just until incorporated.
Preheat the oven to 350˚ F. Roll the dough into 1½-inch balls, and roll each dough ball in sugar. Place the dough balls on an ungreased baking sheet, a couple inches apart. Press crisscross fork marks into cookies for a classic look. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until slightly puffed and golden. Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Repeat with the remaining dough. Store in an airtight container.

Source: adapted from Annie's Eats, originally from Taste of Home

1 comment:

  1. This is just too cute... i love the picture of your guys working together...lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete