Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies


When I spotted these cookies on Stephanie's blog, I knew I had to try them. She raved about these. Plus the simple fact that they were chocolate and peanut butter...how could I go wrong? Well, I am happy to report that these turned out to be pretty darn good cookies!

As I started making them, I noticed that the batter was soft and fluffy which ended up producing a nice soft cookie. They even stayed pretty soft the next day, which is saying a lot. I think the number one thing I hate about homemade cookies is how hard they get once cooled.

Just add milk :)

I also loved that this recipe did not make a ton of cookies. I didn't count exactly how many I got but I think it was 2 to 2 1/2 dozen. I ended up making one dozen one day and refrigerating the rest of the dough for later in the week. The dough will last for about 3 to 4 days in the fridge (longer in the freezer). Just be sure to roll it into a log and then wrap tightly with plastic wrap or parchment paper.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup chunky or smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 egg
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375°.
Cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light. Add the egg and mix until fluffy.

Blend the flour, baking powder, soda and salt together well. Add these dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Add the chocolate chips.

Drop cookie dough by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 375°.

Source: Stephanie Cook's, originally from About Food.com

4 comments:

  1. I'd never thought of putting chocolate chips in a peanut butter cookie. I'm thinking I need to make these immediately. Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you know about this already, but I always put a fresh piece of bread in the container with the cookies. The bread goes hard and stale, but the cookies stay soft! Can use wheat, white, doesn't matter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanessa-

    I've never heard this but great tip! I can't wait to try it out. Let me know how the s'mores cupcakes turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought the ingredients today, as a matter of fact :) Anna and I are excited to try them!

    ReplyDelete