Monday, December 13, 2010

Snowman Sugar Cookies


Cute sugar cookies....part deux!

These cuties were inspired by the snowman cookies I saw on Spring Lake Cakes. I think their cookies are actually much cuter, with rosy cheeks (I forgot to add that) and wonderful detailing on the hat. I was still very pleased with how these turned out though. I'm even thinking of making a mini version for my daughter's preschool Christmas pageant later this week if time allows.



I really love how the little snowflake looks on the hat. I got this package of edible snowflakes at my local Rite Aid and have used them on all sorts of winter related treats....cookies, cupcakes and cakeballs. They don't really taste like much and the texture is a little odd. They are made out of rice starch and feel very dry. However, for decorating and for $1.99 I couldn't pass these up!



For the sugar cookie and royal icing recipe, click HERE.

Source: decoration inspired by Spring Lake Cakes

13 comments:

  1. These are just absolutely too cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty, a pleasure to share these, thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how neat edible snowflakes. Your cookies look absolutely adorable. I am your newest follower.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Erica! Nice to "meet" you :)

    Thanks everyone for all of the nice comments...you guys made my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww so cute ..... I really love how beautifully u have transformed the simple cookie into a work of art !!!

    - Smita
    littlefoodjunction.blogspot.com
    (fun food ideas for kids )

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are adorable - I love snowmen and cant wait to show my kids! they love your creations... CAOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable!
    These ought to bring a smile to kids, of all ages.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maria--u r sooo talented!! very impressed :)
    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  9. what rite aid can i get them because i went to my local rite aid and they said they didn't have any by the way
    so cute

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I think this is a seasonal item for them. I would check back in 2 months when they start stocking for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete