Thursday, February 24, 2011

Candy Birthday Cake


Six years ago, I welcomed the sweetest little boy into this world and today we celebrated his 6th birthday (holy cow that went fast!!).

I made my son this fun "candy" cake because he loves....CANDY! I mean really, really loves all types of candy. In fact, the two Christmas's before last he asked Santa to bring him a lollipop and a candy cane....no toys, just candy!! Now, any time he loses a tooth and the tooth fairy leaves him a dollar or two, guess what he always wants to buy...yep, candy :)


The cake itself was funfetti which worked perfectly with the colorful assortment of candies on the outside. The frosting...my favorite Swiss meringue buttercream.


Then.

and Now :)

I surprised him with this cake and he loved it!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETHEART! I LOVE YOU!!

2 comments: