Thursday, March 31, 2011

Flower and Butterfly Cookie Bouquet


I'm excited to share this cookie and butterfly bouquet I just made for a fundraiser at my daughter's preschool. It came out just as I had hoped and now I'm itching to make more cookie bouquets!

Here are the steps to recreate this bright and tasty dessert/display:

Step 1.
Bake a batch of your favorite sugar cookies (here is mine) with long lollipop sticks attached. Decorate with royal icing (here is the recipe and link to instructions) and let dry completely.



Step 2.
Wrap each cookie in a cookie bag and tie with a ribbon. I went with green to imitate leaves on a flower.



Step 3.
Fit Styrofoam rounds into a pot or vase. You will want a snug fit, so you may need additional materials or need to trim Styrofoam to achieve this. Insert a wooden skewer into the center of the Styrofoam and push all the way down to secure each round (my pot had 3 rounds).



Step 4.
Add Easter grass in between the pot and Styrofoam gaps.



Step 5:
Starting from the back, insert flowers pushing down through the Styrofoam. Finally, add more grass to cover the Styrofoam.



Tada...you did it!

I love this polka-dot butterfly :)



Finally, you can wrap the entire bouquet in a clear gift bag and finish off with a pretty bow.

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute!! I'm sure it went over well at the fundraiser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you bake the cookies with the lollipop sticks or put the sticks in after baking? I love this idea! Also, do you frost the cookies with a piping bag or just a butter knife?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anon!

    I put the lollipop stick in before baking. Yes, I frost the cookies with a piping bag (to outline) and a squeeze bottle (to flood.

    ReplyDelete