Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake Cake


My daughter really wanted a Strawberry Shortcake cake for her birthday and this is the cake I created. We had this cake at home the night of her actually birthday.

I found the Strawberry Shortcake figures on clearance at my local grocery store a few months ago and knew these would be perfect!



She loved it just like she loved last year's cake. You can check that one out HERE. She still talks about that Belle cake today!

A close up of Orange Blossom. Yes, Strawberry and her friends have gotten a bit of a makeover since we were kids...they're quite sassy looking these days, huh?


It's a little hard to tell the scale of this cake from the pictures but it was actually pretty small. Since it was only going to be a few of us eating it I used the smallest cake pans I had, a 4 inch and a 6 inch. I learned that frosting such small cakes is much harder than frosting a big cake.


After cake, she got to open her gifts. My dad got her this "big girl" bike...she was so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment