Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Slow Cooker: Mushroom Chicken (#1)


A few weeks ago, I posted about a great slow cooker mushroom chicken recipe I had made. I actually have two different slow cooker mushroom chicken recipes to share. This first recipe, I made more recently and really loved it. The mushroom gravy was soooo delicious!! I could have eaten that by itself-Ha!

While dinner cooked in the slow cooker, I took the kids out for a long bike/scooter ride. They sure worked up an appetite!



I served this over mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach (Pictured here with a salad. These are actually my leftovers). This dinner was so easy to prepare and so were the sides. I used Oreida Steam n' Mash potatoes. To make them extra creamy and yummy, prepare the potatoes according to directions on the bag and then add 4oz of onion and chive cream cheese. For the spinach, simply sautee in large pan with a little butter,olive oil and garlic. So good, so easy!



Ingredients:

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds)
1 8-oz. pkg. fresh button mushrooms, quartered
1 6-oz. pkg. fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps sliced
1/4 cup butter
1 0.7-oz. pkg. Italian dry salad dressing mix
1 10-3/4-oz. can condensed golden mushroom soup
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 of an 8-oz. tub cream cheese spread with chives and onion

Directions:

Melt butter in a saucepan. Then add the salad dressing mix. Stir in soup, wine and cream cheese until it combines and melts. Add all the mushrooms to your slow cooker. Place chicken on top and pour sauce over chicken. Place lid on slow cooker and cook on low for 5 hours. Serve over rice, pasta or mashed potatoes.

Source: Cleverly Inspired

1 comment: