Monday, January 2, 2012

Easy Broiled Tilapia


Happy New Years!!

I know a lot of us have made New Year's resolutions to eat healthier and today I wanted to share with you one of my favorite "go to" healthy meals. It's a simple "skinny" broiled tilapia, brown rice (recipe coming soon) and steamed broccoli.

Not only is this meal healthy, but it's also super easy and quick to prepare, economical, and both of my kids really like it....win, win, win, win!


I usually buy a big bag of individually wrapped frozen tilapia to keep in the freezer. All it needs is a quick thaw and it's ready to go! Just place on an aluminum foil (I'm a huge fan of this non-stick variety) lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with spices and broil.


This is the seasonings I use plus a little salt but you can use any that you like.


Don't forget to squeeze a little fresh lemon juice on top before serving.



Ingredients:

Tilapia
I Can't Believe it's Not Butter spray (ICBINB spray)
Salt
Lemon Pepper seasoning
Garlic powder
Lemon

Directions:

Set oven to broil and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (I like Reynold's non-stick foil).

Place tilapia on foil and spray IBINB spray, then sprinkle with a little salt on both sides of the fish. Sprinkle top side of fish with garlic powder and lemon pepper seasoning.

Broil fish for 8-10 minutes until it flakes and is fully cooked. Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top of fish and serve.

Source: Chef Mommy original

No comments:

Post a Comment