Friday, September 18, 2009

Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes


Here is a great homemade pancake recipe that I found on MyRecipes.com. I made these for dinner last night and everyone loved them. My picky-eater ate every last morsel!

I mixed up the dry ingredients and rinsed the berries earlier in the day to save time. Then, these came together in a snap! Since, it was just me and the kids, I had some leftovers. I put the extras in a Ziploc and added them to the freezer. Now, I've got breakfast (or dinner) ready for another day!

Click HERE for a video of how to make these.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

"I *heart* pancakes and nanas!!"

Some maple syrup on top= serious YUM!


Ingredients
Makes 6 servings (12 pancakes)

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 large egg
1 large egg white
Cooking spray
3/4 cup maple syrup
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup fresh berries (I used raspberries)
1 banana sliced

Preparation
Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine buttermilk, oil, egg, and egg white, stirring with a whisk; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.

Heat a nonstick griddle or nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto griddle. Turn pancakes over when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Serve with syrup, butter and fruit.
Keep cooked pancakes warm in a 200ยบ oven while preparing remaining pancakes.

WW POINTS = 7 per serving(2 pancakes, 2 tablespoons syrup, and 1 1/2 teaspoons butter)

3 comments:

  1. Great job with the blog: photos, recipes, and everything else in between. You have a great eye for photography. Keep up the great work!

    Tony and Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...thanks you guys! I'm really enjoying it. I would love to re-do my header...maybe not have such a huge picture...I'd love your insight.
    Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh those DO look good! And your little one is just precious!!!

    ReplyDelete